Ledingham Chalmers recognised in Legal 500 2022 rankings
Ledingham Chalmers’ experts have again been listed in the Legal 500 directory, which ranks top lawyers and organisations.
Eighteen of our colleagues across six disciplines have been recognised.
The Legal 500 covers more than 150 jurisdictions and is one of the most highly regarded legal directories, comprising rankings and commentary based on feedback from peers and clients, all underpinned by independent research.
At a glance
Here’s the situation at a glance —
- Agriculture and estates – Tier 2 (Scotland) — partner Jim Drysdale named as leading individual and key lawyer; partners Gary Webster, Linda Tinson and Hazel Moir ranked together with senior solicitor Emily Horn
- Commercial property – Tier 2 (elsewhere in Scotland) — partners Steve Morrice, Alan Michie, and Alasdair MacLure are ranked
- Corporate and commercial – Tier 3 (elsewhere in Scotland) — partners Peter Murray and Jody Mitchell are ranked
- Personal injury: Defender – Tier 4 (Scotland) — partners Graeme Edward, John Chalmers, Victoria Leslie, and Sarah Morris are ranked, with Sarah also mentioned again as a next generation partner
- Employment – Tier 4 (Scotland) — our head of employment law, partner Kirk Tudhope is ranked while Edinburgh-based partner John Lee is recognised as a key lawyer
- Construction – Tier 5 (Scotland) — partner Sarah Stuart and I have been ranked for our work
What also makes positive reading are the testimonials describing us, for example, as “professional yet friendly and approachable with a commercial focus” and “… a team of hard-working, highly skilled lawyers who deliver excellence.’
After the last 18 months, where we’ve all had to adapt quickly and deliver the service our clients expect and deserve against the backdrop of a global pandemic, that feedback means a lot.
Plus, it sits well with our core value to satisfy and impress our clients — a crucial part of our firm’s sustainable growth.
And, looking back, what I said last year still stands true: onwards and upwards and, to all those, including clients, who took the time to provide feedback on the service from the firm, a heartfelt thank you.