With around 25 years with Ledingham Chalmers, eight of those as chairman, Jennifer Young became managing partner in June, 2020.
Ledingham Chalmers LLP, Johnstone House, 52-54 Rose Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1HA
Direct Dial: 01224 408 607
Mobile: 07899 877 475
LinkedIn: Jennifer Young
Jennifer continues to be ranked as a leader in the field of construction law, having been accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a construction law specialist for over 15 years.
As managing partner, Jennifer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the firm including leading and implementing strategy, internal and external communications, governance, client management and team management.
Jennifer also supervises and manages the firm’s delivery of construction law services across Scotland. Jennifer has particular expertise in construction dispute management and resolution, and regularly advises on high-value contractual and building defect claims. She also leads and presents training for clients, focusing on commercial awareness in supply-chain contracts and transfer of risk in commercial contracts.
Jennifer is a vice chair of CBI Scotland; and a member of YPO. She is current convenor of the Law Society of Scotland's construction law accreditation panel. In 2020, Jennifer joined the executive committee of Lawyers Associated Worldwide where she serves as a representative for the Europe, Africa and Middle East region. Jennifer is also a director on the board of the charity Charlie House.
What our clients and peers say
The "friendly and welcoming" team are led by the "down to earth" Jennifer Young.
Latest blog posts by Jennifer
- Ledingham Chalmers recognised in Legal 500 2022 rankings
- Celebrating five promotions and training success
- We're hiring — three vacancies closing in March
- Why we’re raising thousands for care homes and hospices in our communities
- Ledingham Chalmers financial results — and what’s next
- Chambers and Partners 2021 — experts and expertise recognised
- Legal 500 rankings 2021 — experts and expertise recognised
- Rights and remedies in construction contracts
- Negotiating construction contracts — a checklist
- An 80-year-old document, a transatlantic journey and a stunt man