Construction Cafe - 2 March 2017
Everyone knows (or at least ought to) that, nowadays, if you want to withhold money under a construction contract you need to do a pay less notice.
So far, so good - but
- When do you need to issue a pay less notice?
- What does the pay less notice need to say?
- How do you issue the pay less notice (and to whom)?
- What happens if there is no formal certificate but there is an application for payment?
- What happens if you get it all wrong?
Accredited construction law specialist, Roddy Cormack and solicitor advocate Karen Cameron will discuss the rules that need to be followed; what you need to do to comply with those rules; and what can happen if those rules aren't followed. This will be a good refresher of the basics, reinforced with some salient lessons to be learned from recent cases.
Book your free place at this 12-2pm event on 2 March
We look forward to seeing you there.
Posted, 15 February 2017 Categories: Events