From exploration through to end-of-field-life, our industry experts offer upstream companies sound, valuable advice across a broad range of issues.
These include —
- Exploration — contracting and regulatory
- Development — acquisition, divestment and farm-in arrangements
- Operational — Transportation and joint operations
- Decommissioning — Security arrangements, contracting and regulatory considerations
With decades of sector experience at home and abroad, head of oil and gas Uisdean Vass advises companies on matters relating to construction and contracting, employment, dispute resolution, as well as corporate issues.
Recent experience includes —
- Material assistance and advice in the due diligence, preparation of the SPA and arrangements for allocation of decommissioning liabilities for a multi-billion dollar asset acquisition
- Acting as principal advisor in preparation, negotiation and execution of the SPA for acquisition of late life North Sea assets with a potential value of over $250million
- Advising a new entrant on bidding for and winning a licence with a gas discovery, as well as counsel on a collaborative contracting structure to allow development
- Advising a UK-based independent on exiting a Tunisian block
The team also provides training and development seminars on key industry topics, including sessions tailored to a client’s specific needs.
Industry body involvement
Ledingham Chalmers is a member of Oil & Gas UK, and Uisdean is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
Uisdean is the Scottish coordinator for the AIPN and is also Ledingham Chalmers’ Norway team leader.